So, you’ve decided to commit to Candida cleansing. That’s great! You may have read all about how to cleanse and what foods to stay away from. Now, you may be wondering what you can eat. We’re here to help get you started. Enjoy this list of recipes!
For Breakfast try:
Porridge, Avocado Cakes, Vegetable Omelet
For Lunch/Dinner try:
Grilled Steak with Chimichurri Sauce, Green Chili Chicken Stew, Salmon with Chia Seed and Fennel Crust, Carrot & Cauliflower Soup, Green Bean Salad, Lentil Veggie Burgers, Spicy Avocado Baked Eggs
For a Snack try: Coconut Ginger Cookies
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- Combine all dry ingredients in a food processor or Vitamix®
- Blend until finely ground
- Pour boiling water into the bowl, cover with lid
- Blend very carefully starting on low setting, then moving to high, until porridge is smooth
- Transfer porridge to a bowl
- Garnish with sunflower seeds and enjoy!
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ avocado, mashed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Optional avocado slices, spring greens, lemon slices, chopped parsley or green onions for garnish.
Ingredients (Lemon Parsley Butter):
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- In a bowl, sift coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sliced green onions and mashed avocado until thoroughly combined. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Pour enough oil to coat the bottom of pan. For each pancake, spoon about ¼ cup batter into pan and cook until bubbles begin to appear on the top and bottom is golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip pancake and cook until second side is golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Continue with remaining batter, adding more oil to skillet as needed.
- Now prepare the Lemon Parsley Butter. Melt the butter or coconut oil and stir in lemon juice and parsley. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve pancakes with sliced avocado, spring greens, lemon slices and a drizzle of Lemon Parsley Butter. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions and minced parsley and enjoy!
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ chopped red pepper
- Handful of fresh spinach
- Sea salt
- Heat a pan with the olive oil.
- Cook the onions and peppers until tender, add the spinach and stir.
- Stir in the slightly beaten eggs until eggs are done.
- Season with sea salt and enjoy!
Grilled Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- 3 lb beef flank steak
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chili pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Rinse steak, pat dry.
- Combine spices to make the rub. Sprinkle rub over steak, pat evenly. Let stand 20 minutes at room temp before grilling.
3. Heat a grill to medium. Coat with oil. Grill steak, covered, 8 to 10 minutes per side until medium-rare (longer if you want it more done).
4. Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes. Slice crosswise into 1/4 in. thick slices. Serve with Chimichurri Sauce and enjoy!
In a blender or food processor combine 2 cups packed fresh parsley, 1 cup fresh cilantro, 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, 1/3 cup chopped red pepper, 1/4 cup water, 2 Tbsp chopped onions, 3 garlic cloves, 3/4 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, pinch crushed red pepper, 1/8 tsp. black pepper. Cover and blend until finely chopped, stopping to scrape down the sides. This will make about 2 cups. This is better made the day before eating to allow the flavors to blend. *Really good!
Green Chili Chicken Stew
- 2 Tbsp oil, olive or coconut
- ½ cup zucchini, cut lengthwise, then into 1/2 inch slices
- ½ cup yellow squash, cut lengthwise, then into 1/2 inch slices
- ½ cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz. cooked, shredded chicken
- ½ cup chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- Optional garnishes: avocado slices, fresh cilantro, lime wedges
- In a dutch oven or soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add the zucchini, yellow squash, onion, celery, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add shredded chicken, green chilies, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Simmer stew covered over medium low heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in lime juice just before serving. Garnish bowls of stew with sliced avocado, fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
To roast your own chilies: Roast your chilies about 6 inches below a preheated broiler until the skin is charred and blistered, about 3 to 5 minutes per side. Then seal them in a plastic bag or in a covered bowl and let them stand 10 to 15 minutes. Peel off the skins and scrape out seeds and membranes with a spoon.
Salmon with Chia and Fennel Seed Crust
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- ¼ tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. minced fennel fronds
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. olive or coconut oil
- 1egg white, lightly whisked
- 4 oz. salmon
- Lemon wedges
Ingredients for Vegetable Medley:
- 1 tbsp. coconut or olive oil
- ¼ fennel bulb, fronds removed, thinly sliced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ yellow pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 thin slices of lemon
- Preheat broiler.
- In a spice mill, electric coffee grinder or a compact blender, grind chia seeds and fennel seeds. In a small bowl, mix together ground seeds, minced fennel fronds, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Drizzle in oil and stir well, set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg white until frothy. Dip salmon filet in egg white, then transfer filet to an oiled baking sheet, press seed mixture thickly on top fillet. Broil salmon filet about 6 inches below broiler for 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer filet to a serving plate, set aside.
- While salmon filet is broiling, heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add sliced fennel bulb, red onion, yellow pepper and lemon, sauté until vegetables soften and just begin to brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer vegetables to plate with salmon filet, serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!
Carrot & Cauliflower Soup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Head of chopped cauliflower
- 4 cups of chopped carrots
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh tarragon or 1 Tbsp dried
- Sea salt
1. Melt the oil in a soup pot. Add the tarragon if using dried.
2. Add onions and sauté until translucent.
3. Add carrots, cauliflower and water to cover. Add fresh tarragon.
4. Simmer until tender- about 30 minutes.
5. Puree in a blender.
6. Return to pot, add sea salt, simmer for 10 minutes and enjoy!
Green Bean Salad
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tsp fresh dill
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the beans in 1 inch pieces. Lightly steam.
- Drain, rinse with cold water.
- Combine oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk well.
- Add the scallions and herbs. Add beans and toss. Enjoy!
This is best when allowed to marinate for 1 hour.
Lentil Veggie Burgers
- 3 cups cooked green lentils (1 cup dry)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cooked spinach
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Mix all the above ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan.
- Place a heaping spoonful of the mixture in a hot skillet and flatten with the spoon to shape into a patty. Cook the burgers a few minutes on each side until lightly brown and firm in the middle. This recipe makes 9-10 medium sized veggie patties.
These burgers are great with romaine lettuce wraps. The extra cooked burgers freeze well. Enjoy!
Spicy Avocado Baked Eggs
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and seeded
- ¼ cup avocado, diced
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp Mexican seasoning or equal parts oregano and cumin, garlic & chili powders
- ¼ cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place bell pepper halves in a baking dish. Stabilize with a little foil to keep from falling over.
- Divide diced avocado evenly between pepper halves. Crack one egg into each pepper.
- Season and top with cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove, top with salsa and enjoy!
Coconut Ginger Cookies
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp. powdered Stevia
- 1 Tbsp. alcohol free vanilla
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites until light and foamy. Add stevia, alcohol free vanilla and ginger, whisk to combine. Fold in shredded coconut and coconut flakes until just combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop tablespoon size mounds of coconut mixture onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies just begin to brown. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing. Enjoy!
To truly balance candida in the body, doing a cleanse along with eating the right foods is going to help you feel your best. For more information on candida and candida cleansing, check out these other informative blogs: What is Candida Albicans? When Should I do a Candida Cleanse? and 15 Tips from Hanna When Candida Albicans Hits.